Sunday, March 1, 2009

Coraline


Tonight I decided to take the boys out to dinner then a movie. I somehow let Tallin talk me into going to see Coraline. He's been talking about for a while now because a lot of kids have seen it in his class. I thought what would be the harm it can't be that bad right? I knew my sister has also taken Joslynn too so I thought why not?? I was worried about Colt though. I figured worse comes to worse we could always leave the theater.
We started the night off at Pei Wei's YUMMM I love it and so do the boys it's the one thing I KNOW they will eat. They have this new Thai Mango Chicken dish that is to die for I crave it just about everyday. The boys were great and dinner was wonderful they ate it up. So off to the movies we headed. We got some popcorn and a drink and we were set. Most of the movie was really good not to scary and keeping both of the boys attention. Meanwhile the girls next to us probably 9 or 10 start having a candy war and one flys right into my eye I wasn't thrilled it actually kind of hurt and I still have a big ol mark on my eye but I was happy it hit me and not Colt since he was sitting closer to them. Anyways then the movie starts to get a little scary. Colt is now in my lap pretty much with his blanket over his eyes and Tallin is biting his nails beside me. Tallin starts saying he doesn't like it and we should leave but it's right in the middle of the scariest parts and I know it's going be over soon and I really want him to see how it all gets resolved so he's not leaving scared. So I suggest that we stay but if he really wants we can leave. He decided to stay. By this time I am a little worried about Colt but I know he's not totally understanding what exactly is going on not like Tallin is. There was a lot of weird images popping up I am hoping they won't stick in their little heads.Then it all ends and everyone lives happily ever after. I asked Tallin if he was scared and he said no but he doesn't think anyone else should watch it because it might scare them. I think he was a little scared. We will see tonight if they have nightmares knowing me I will probably have more nightmares then they do. Hopefully I don't regret letting them see it. Tallin is way excited to go to school on Monday and tell his friends he saw it. Now they can talk about it he says.
It was a good night out with my boys. It seems like its getting harder and harder with Jason gone. I am trying to find more things to do to get us out of the house and make the time pass faster. I don't know how much longer this is going to last and we are doing ok but I am ready to be back with him. We miss him a lot the weekends he's home just aren't long enough. But I am trying to stay positive and busy. I know this won't last forever. Till then we will go watch scary movies :) Well maybe not.

4 comments:

The Lichlyter's said...

Hey Jen,
My mom took the girls to see that movie too and she had about the same reaction that you did. She said it was horrible. I haven't see you guys in forever. Kyle said Jason is coming home next weekend. Let's get together. Miss you guys

Heather said...

I hope Jason gets to stop travelling so much really soon! You are doing awesome...I can't imagine how hard it is. We miss you guys!

Rylee said...

HI! I found your blog through Justin's. Your boys are so big and SOOO cute! Glad to see you guys are doing well...what is Jason doing for work that he has to travel so much? Email me at ryleehadlock@gmail.com and I'll send you an invite to our blog.
Rylee (Davis) Hadlock

Josh and Amber Wilkins said...

Im so glad that you started a blog! Now we can keep in contact more often instead of just around the holidays when we bump into each other in Eagar!

Glad to hear about the movie I was kind of wondering if it would be to scary for Emmy, I think it would!

I don't know how you do it being with out Jason. Hang in there girl!