Here is my dilemma. I need some good kid friendly recipes. I have been horrible the last little bit about cooking "good" dinners not just the quick, fozen whatever. I was doing so good then I just got so frustrated because it's just me and the boys and they don't eat. Every night it's the same thing me making them "good" dinners then me fighting with them to just sit in their chair and eat. Doesn't seem like such a hard task but you know my boys you understand. By the time dinner is over I am so frustrated I could scream, I don't feel like they have had enough to eat but I am done fighting them, then I get to clean up the mess. So I haven't been doing it as much as I would like. As a result I am gaining unwanted weight and feeling horrible about myself as a mother. I am thinking some fun, good, kid friendly, healthy, new recipes might help. I have been looking a lot up online but you never know how these things will turn out so I am asking here because I might get better results. If you are up for it email me at jenhall01@gmail.com or comment here is fine :)
Oh yea we had a great spring break in Phoenix spending some time with family. I took pics I will post them when Jason gets back with the laptop!
2 comments:
hey jen,
i will send you some of our favorite recipes (i just sent a bunch to my sister in-law, so i have them on our computer already). i really enjoy cooking kid friendly (adult friendly too)recipes and my kids are becoming really good eaters. i've found that if i don't give them snacks throughout the day, they're much better eaters at meal time. And, if they don't eat their dinner, they go to bed hungry, then when they wake up in the morning, they're starving! We don't fight them anymore. it was a battle that we weren't winning. and since we've backed off and haven't been making a big deal out of it, they're happier and eating better...kids sense your frustration and they tend to do the opposite of what you want them to do...little stinkers huh!
definielty let us know when you're in town again. we'd love to see you! i'm so happy you have a blog and we can keep in touch.
p.s your family picture is so cute! you guys look great!
Hey Jen! Obviously Koy's favorite food is rice and milk BUT my sis in law gave me a few recepies that she likes. She takes Rhodes roll dough and flatens it out and puts cheese and ham on it and then places another one on top and pinches them together. Bake at 350 until golden and then dip in spagetti sauce from a jar. Or you get the large pasta shells, cook until soft and then fill w/moz. cheese and cottage cheese. You put them in a baking dish and put spagetti sauce on them and bake until hot. (We usually put cooked ground beef in the sauce to ad a little meat to it.) Justin really likes them and my sister's kids are kind of picky and they eat them. They may not be the most healthy but they are pretty easy to make. Also, I think rachel ray has a bunch of kid friendly recipes on her site too. I've tried a couple of her recepies and liked them.
Post a Comment