I love this time of year, it's my favorite. Halloween, leaves changing, crisp cool air, the smell of people burning wood in their fireplaces, hot chocolate, PUMPKIN ANYTHING, chili and cornbread. Living where it doesn't get much colder then 70 degrees is great, but I am missing the "fall season" a little. So I have been doing things to make it feel like fall in my home. I went and bought a cinnamon candle and some of those cinnamon pine cones, they smell wonderful. Last night I made chicken and wild rice soup and tonight I made pot of beans with cornbread and homemade honey butter it was delish. The boys ate it up, which always makes me happy. I got the recipe for the honey butter from Our Best Bites on my blog, it is yummy.
On a side note, Tallin has to recite the Fourth Article of Faith in church on Sunday for the primary program. He already has it memorized, I hope he doesn't get nervous and forget it. I think he will do great!
4 comments:
I too miss the fall....it just isn't the same in the tropical climates! I wish we lived on the same coast!
I am with you I love the fall! I will have to try the honey butter, it sounds so good, thanks for the ideas for dinner:)
Good luck Tallin, you will do great!
I love fall too. I just hate that here it is so short. We get about 1-2 weeks of it and then 8 months of winter is here....EW! Good luck to Tal! I'm sure he will do awesome, he's so smart
The smell of fall is my favorite too. All the spicey aromas are really warm and inviting. Where and what brand of candle did you get?
Post a Comment