Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Wii Fun & Randomness

Jason came home this weekend for a short visit. He came on Sunday and left early Tuesday morning. It's so nice having him home but the time just flys by and it's hard to say bye I hate it. I can't wait for this to be over and I think the boys are starting to get anxious for it to be over too. We love you Jason and miss you already...
On Monday while he was here we decided to buy a Wii we have been wanting to for a while but haven't done anything about it. We finally gave in and bought one. It's been a blast I even love it. I am really excited to get the Wii fit. Tallin and Colt have been having a blast with it too. Tallin plays all the games and Colt just has a remote thinking he is playing since he can't really do it yet. Tallin plays along really well he plays Colts guy and tells Colt what a good job he is doing. He is so cute. Colt will catch on soon enough. It's been really fun I thought I might regret it at times when I have to tell Tallin that's enough, he needs to stop. I was afraid that he would want to play before school making hard to get him to school but he has been really really good. When I tell him that's enough he says ok and gets off. He hasn't even asked to play it before school we did tell him he would not be able to play with it before school. So all and all it's been a great purchase. We will see if my feelings remain the same in a week or two.

Jason and I were laughing all weekend at the funny and random things the kids would say so I wanted to share a few of my favorites. Some of you have met Colts imaginary pet fly Fido well it seems that Fido is now pretending to be a dog. So Colts imaginary pet fly is pretending to be dog. Colt is so funny and he has got quite the imagination. Fido often travels to Teishas house to visit and you would think it would be to see Jaden and Landon since those are Colts "best buddies" but it's always to see Teisha and I think that is so cute. We were coming out of nursery Sunday and there was a dad there to pick up his kid and Colt bends down right in front of him making him almost trip to pick up Fido. He looks at me and says "Look mom I got Fido" the guy looked at us like we were kind of crazy but he was probably just wondering who's or what is Fido?
Tallin wanted to stay home on Monday to hang out with his dad so he was trying to talk Jason into letting him but instead of saying absent he says "dad it's ok to be abstinent, so and so (I can't remember the kids name he said) is abstinent" it was cute. He still went to school though.
We were driving down the road the other day and Tallin was telling me that when Jesus comes back down to earth everyone is going to be nice like the dog won't chase the cat anymore and then he says and I will beable to speak Spanish again. I thought that was so funny because of living here in El Paso and it was so random he is excited to speak spanish again.
And last but not least a few nights ago Colt woke up with a bad dream and Jason went in there and Tallin was saying "it's ok Colt just kneel and say a prayer then Heavenly Father will help you not to be scared, if you kneel I will say the prayer for you." At like 3 in the morning Tallin was trying to help Colt. It was so sweet. I love my Tallin he is the the best boy and the best big brother!!!

4 comments:

Kendall said...

Your boys are so cute! Shay does things to calm McKenna down too! They are getting so big! I totally want Wii fit too!! Maybe this summer we will suck it up and buy it! So glad that Jason was home for a visit. I cannot imagine how it is with him being gone. How much longer? I hope things continue to go smooth and you guys can all be together soon!! I will keep you posted...Monday is the day...if not before! Love you and miss you tons!

Heather said...

Oh they are funny guys! The prayer story made me tear up. We miss you guys!

Hi Lary said...

I miss you guys so much!!! When I saw the pictures I almost didn't recognize Tallin! He's such a little man now! Oh I want to come see you guys!

thOtherMom said...

I loved the prayer story! It reminded me of Darla's girls. One of them would wake up during the night having a nightmare about monsters, wake the other and then they'd stay up all night playing. So Darla told them that if they woke up and were scared, they could pray and Heavenly Father would help them not be afraid and they could go back to sleep without waking their sister. A few days later she said to the girls, "What should you do if you wake up at night and you're scared?" Emily said, "We can say a prayer and the last time I did, the monster said 'AMEN'".