Saturday, August 8, 2009

"Don't Worry About It, I'll Be Fine"




Was what Tallin said to me when I was trying to talk him into letting me take him in to school, on his first day instead of just dropping him off. He was so ready and excited and confident to go to school. When we flew in Tuesday we went to the school to meet his teacher and take a tour so he knew where he was going and he wanted to go alone. I know it wasn't technically his first day of kindergarten since he went last year but still it's a new school, but he insisted that he didn't want me to walk him in so I let him be a big boy and go by himself. I think I was the only mom not going in with their child I felt horrible. He had a GREAT first and second day of school he loves his teacher and has made a friend Alex who he says is going to be his best friend, and a couple of girls Tallin always seems to make friends with the little girls. I don't know if it's because he has done this before or he is more grown up or the school is better, but he is excited and I am excited for him. Colt has been doing pretty good without him too. Before Tallin started school every time I would mention school or we would go to the school Colt would get so upset, because he didn't want Tallin to go but I think he is starting to see that its kind of fun hanging out with mom all alone. So far so good, hopefully we can make it through this year without any broken bones!

4 comments:

Lissa said...

Colt's little face is DARLING! I;m sure Tal makes good friends with little girls because he is such a nice, sweet little boy. Jarom is the same way. What a big boy!

Heather said...

We miss you guys! We need to get together soon.

Astle Family said...

What a great first day! Just what he needed. That is too funny about his comment!

Josh and Amber Wilkins said...

Ya call or email me when you plan something for Tallins b-day. I know Tucker would love to see him!
wilkinsja@cox.net