Tuesday, August 25, 2009

First Trip to the Dentist

 

I know, I know the kid is six (well tomorrow) and he hasn't been to the dentist. Well he went today and he was awesome. He did what they said and the doctor was very impressed by him, but then again who wouldn't be? They were very impressed too because he is six and this was his first appointment and he has NO CAVITIES! As a mom I am very proud of this. He got to have his picture taken with the dentist and put up on the wall. He also got to join the "no cavities kids club" he is very proud of himself. He has a ton of big teeth coming in a lot of his bottom teeth are loose and will be falling out soon. He has been anxiously waiting to lose teeth so he is really excited, me on the other hand am not. He is growing up and it makes me so sad. She was saying I better start taking lots of pictures now of his little face because it's going to change so much, this made me tear up. I don't want him to grow up but I am excited for him at the same time. He has a lot of teeth coming in and not a ton of room in his little mouth, so he will be needing braces in the future but we will worry about that then. He is very happy with his new tooth brush and toothpaste. Oh yeah one more thing, she was counting his teeth and told him he has 11 on top and 10 on the bottom then asked him so how many teeth do you have? Without hesitation he says 21, I think all of us looked a little stunned, really he didn't even stop to think about it then he says "well yeah because 10 plus 10 is 20 so if you add one more then it is 21" and there you go!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Josh and Amber Wilkins said...

Way to go Tallin! Oh the dentist, ya I so need to take my kids!

Whitings said...

I was just wondering the other day when you start taking your kids to the dentist...

The "Pre-Birthday Dinner" family picture is a good one! We miss you guys! We look forward to seeing again...someday...