Tallin did a wonderful job today. He got up to the microphone and took a really deep breath and said his part. He even added "the Fourth Article of Faith states." He was so cute. He said it perfect, he didn't mumble and he said that he saw that there were lots of people in the back so he said it loud enough but not to loud. I think there was only one or two other kids that had their parts memorized and I was so proud and so happy that we memorized it. He was so proud of himself too. He said to me "I didn't even need help, and I didn't need my paper." He had one of the longer parts too. He's such a good, smart kid. Oh how I love him.
Colt had a doctors appointment this week and his eardrum is all healed! For those of you who don't know. About a year and a half ago, Colt stuck a Q-Tip through his eardrum. It was bad and it bled a ton. I was putting my makeup on getting ready for church and I think he took it out of my makeup bag while I wasn't looking. So he heads into the living room with this Q-Tip in his ear and he fell and it went right through his eardrum, then he pulled it out causing even worse damage. He was ghost white and screaming, poor boy. I rushed him to Urgent Care, then they sent us to a specialist. She was great, but she didn't think it would heal on his own, or wasn't to hopeful that it would because it was so bad. She said that we would have to wait till he was at least four to do any surgery on it. He saw her a couple times before we left El Paso and he hadn't healed. I have been wondering about it a lot so I was so happy to finally get him into the doctor here and get it checked out and I am even happier that it has healed all on its own. I don't know what the hearing damage is if any, Jason thinks he can't hear out of that ear very well because he always says "What you said?" but I kind of think maybe it's just one of those kid things, Tallin always says HUH? The doctor said there is some scare tissue but it looks good. I am thrilled!
4 comments:
How old is Colt? If he is 3 or older, you could probably contact your school district's audiologist and ask her about checking his hearing and seeing if it is okay. Sounds like you all are doing good!
How impressive that he memorized the 4th article of faith - and didn't choke under pressure and forget it. I bet those in the audience were wowed. You're doing a great job Jen.
Tell Tal good job on memorizing his part! I'm so glad Colt's ear is healed, and that he won't have to have surgery. YAY!
Halloween pictures Jenn?? Please...
Post a Comment