Sunday, November 29, 2009

Thanksgiving!



This year Jason and I celebrated Thanksgiving by ourselves. We had a great day, it was so nice to just hang out and cook together. We really do like to cook so we were pretty excited to make our first Thanksgiving dinner. It turned out GREAT, everything was so yummy. Jason cooked the Turkey. He soaked it in a brine over night and then roasted it. It was moist and yummy. The rest of our dinner consisted of.
-Homemade rolls
-Jason made delicious homemade stuffing.
-Mashed Potatoes with gravy
-Sweet Potato casserole -with pecans, brown sugar, and coconut- it was yummy.
-Salad
I think that's it. We had so much food. With just the 4 of us and the boys who don't eat hardly anything, we didn't even put a dent in the food. It's made for some great leftovers though.
We missed family a ton and it would have been perfect if we were with them. We are going to Wyoming for Christmas and we CAN'T WAIT!! We are so excited to see everyone. Christmas is going to be a blast this year with the boys. Happy Holidays Everyone.

5 comments:

Brooke said...

We can't wait to see you guys either!!! It will be fun. Sounds like THanksgiving was yummy too. Britt and I tried to make Thanksgiving the first year we were married cuz Gramps was in the hospital and it was ALOT harder than I ever thought. Kudos to you guys!

Kendall said...

the boys are adorable! I am glad you guys had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Brittany said...

Sounds Delicious! I'm so excited to see all of you at Christmas!

Whitings said...

Devon and I love to cook too! We took a cooking class together one semester while we were at EAC. Leftovers are the best! It sounds like a fun Thanksgiving!

Joanna said...

Sounds like a simple, sweet, wonderful time of togetherness. I agree, it's just not the same if you aren't surrounded by lots of loved ones - and after all the hard work, it's not fun to have so many leftovers!

Thanks for sharing your holiday with us!