Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Mommys Little Helpers, Easter, and Update


Tonight after dinner Tallin took his plate to the kitchen then he stared picking up toys and putting them into the toy box. Colt saw what was going on and decided to help. I thought it was so cute. Both of them really have been cleaning up a lot without me even asking them. I am not sure when it finally clicked that it's much better when I don't have to get mad at them but I am so happy it did. Tallin is always telling me how he helps at school and I see Colt do it every Sunday in nursery he's got to be the best little helper when it comes to picking up toys but neither of them have been great till now and I LOVE it. I went to wake Tallin up the other morning and when I went into his room he was picking it up I thought it was so cute. I am so proud of my little helpers and I really hope they keep it up.

We had a good Easter. The boys and I went to Round Valley to spend it with family. We colored some eggs and a couple egg hunts. It was a nice relaxing trip. It's always fun to see family. My camera died so I didn't get many pics.

Everything else is going good! Jason was here this weekend and we had wonderful time. We went to Chucky Cheeses for our friends twin boys birthday party that was a lot of fun. I really do love Chuckys it's so nice to just let the kids play and you can relax a little. The time went by to fast and he is now back in Boston. We are thinking that when Tallin is done with school the beginning of June then we will put our stuff in storage here and the boys and I will go and stay with him in Boston if he is still there for the summer. We are hoping though that he will have a center before then and we can just go there but we will see either way we are going to be together. I am excited about the plan and can't wait for school to be over. I think Tallin is ready for summer vacation too it's a fight to get that kid to school in the mornings. Summer couldn't come faster.

5 comments:

Rusty and Ashley said...

I'm so proud of the boys! I wish I could teach the dog to help clean up! I am always amazed at how well you are doing with Jason being gone. I know it must be hard for all of you. Hang in there!

Astle Family said...

That is too cute! Your boys are such great examples! I can't wait til the day it clicks with my boys:)! It was so good to see Jason! I bet the weekend went too quick!

justin and sherrie said...

That's good that it clicked, but boys seem to unclick quite often. At least I think I remember forgetting to clean up every now and then. What the? Good luck anyway...

Joanna said...

jen, you and merv need a little vacation...just the two of you. drop the boys off with us, and you guys head to the beach for a week. darn i wish we lived closer.
glad to hear your boys are helping you out. what a cute picture of them!

Hi Lary said...

Oh what good little helpers! I miss you guys so much! Any plans to come to Utah?? :) Just a thought! Give the boys a hug for me! Love you guys!