Thursday, May 14, 2009

Want one of these...

No I don't mean one of my boys although the way the last few days have been going I may take an offer j/k ;) What I do mean is a meatball sub yummmm.. On a homecoming date in high school one of the guys mom made us meatball subs for lunch and they were amazing. Since then I have thought about that amazing meatball sub often silly I know who thinks about food that much? But it was so good, I finally broke down and found a recipe that looked really good and decided to try it. They turned out really really yummy. I plan on making these a lot more. Jason is coming home this weekend so we are going to feed the Elders on Sunday maybe they would enjoy a good hearty meatball sub?? Here's a pic although I am not sure it does them justice.

Tallin had a field trip to the zoo today that I volunteered to help with and was able to take Colt. It was a lot of fun I think Tallin really liked that I was there and I enjoyed spending a little extra time with him and all his school friends. I didn't get many pictures but I got a couple of the boys in their cute hats that Grandpa B and Grandma Goose bought them last summer they looked so cute in their hats. I also got a couple of Tallin and a few friends not his whole class.

Like I mentioned before Jason is coming home this weekend and I am so excited. He flies in Saturday night which is a nice change then the usual Sunday. I am so excited that he gets to go to church with us. Then on Tuesday I am flying with him to Chicago he's got a meeting there so I am going with him for a day or so. I fly back here on Thursday. I am so looking forward to this trip I can't hardly wait. I usually get really anxious about these trips with leaving the boys and stuff but I am just excited. Our friends Teisha and Dylan are going to watch the boys for us and I know they are going to have fun and be in good hands. They actually can't wait for me to leave (I think they are sick of me) so they can have a sleep over with their buddies. I can't wait it's a much needed break. Thank You Teisha for watching the boys for me you are awesome (picture Rhino from Bolt saying awesome lol)

ps.. sorry that post is all over the place there are 3 different posts all in one :)

6 comments:

Astle Family said...

Looking at the pics of the meatball subs makes me crave for another one. They were so good!!!
I love the pics of the zoo. That is so cute Colt got to go. I bet he just loved to be with all the big kids.
I am so excited to have the boys next week. My boys are excited for the sleep over. They are all such good friends- it is too cute!!!

Joanna said...

yippie! it's about time you and jason get some alone time...except, couldn't you have made the trip a little longer than a couple of days??

glad to hear you're easing up on letting friends watch your kids. it's taken me some time too.

Anonymous said...

NICE BLOG.

Whitings said...

YES I want one of your meatball subs please! Man it looks good! The zoo looked like fun. And Tallin seems to be ignoring his cast and still having fun.

Is there any chance you guys will be in RV for the 4th of July?

Josh and Amber Wilkins said...

Have a blast on your trip with Jason you deserve it! and that sub looks so good! Let me know how you made it!

Brittany said...

Sounds divine. I am going to have to do that. What recipe did you use? MMmmmm...I am hungry now!